A. Collection and Use of Personal Information
The term “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, and includes your name, address, postal code, mobile number, email address, date of birth, employment status, industry, occupation, and other information.
We may collect personal information when you interact with UGO, including when you:
- Request contact from UGO regarding our products, services, or solutions; or
- Contact us with a comment, question, or complaint.
Information collected by UGO may be used to confirm your identity, protect from fraud and error, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, for analytics and reporting, to generate offers and to otherwise provide and enhance the UGO services. In addition, UGO collects and uses personal information as follows:
- Communication: When you register with UGO, we may contact you by e-mail, phone, mail, text message, or other similar methods with information that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also contact you with tailored ads through third party websites about products, services and promotions relating to UGO, its partners and other third parties that may be of interest to you.
- Relationship-based Ads on Third Party Websites: Depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your contact information for the purposes of enabling the delivery of tailored UGO ads on third-party websites such as social media or webmail sites with which you have a relationship. To opt-out of receiving such relationship-based ads, update your settings on your social media or webmail sites.
- Customer Service: When you contact us with a question, comment, or complaint, answer one of our surveys, or leave a comment on our website or social media sites, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a phone number) along with additional information we need to help us answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service, product and service offerings, and promotions.
B. Collection and Use of Technical Information:
When you visit UGO Solutions, we collect the device-related information such as the make and model of your device and its operating system. We use this information to facilitate the operation of UGO Solutions, to help us understand how our users’ use the UGO Solutions website, for our internal analytics and reporting, and to monitor and improve UGO Solutions. Such device-related information may be used as a mobile marketing identifier to offer UGO content and advertisements to you. To disable this feature, refer to the advertising settings on your device.
Please note that the ability to collect certain personal information is controlled by your device. Please refer to the documentation for your device regarding how to allow or block the collection of location or device information. If you choose not to provide location or certain device information, some services you request may not operate optimally.
C. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of UGO or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
- Service Provider Arrangements: We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to our affiliates, partners and other third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host UGO Wallet-related services, facilitate transactions, or send offers or other communications on our behalf. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our affiliates and other third-party service providers in the US or other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes.
- Legal: UGO, our affiliates and our Canadian, US and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, to meet requests for information from regulators or to satisfy legal and regulatory requirements applicable to us, or as otherwise required by applicable Canadian, US or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, protecting our rights or property, or as otherwise permitted by law.
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates ("Bank Group"):
We may share information about you with the Bank Group world-wide subsidiaries and affiliates for the following purposes:
- To manage your total relationship within the Bank Group, including servicing your Accounts and maintaining up-to-date information about you; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We have implemented administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information in our custody and control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, including appropriate measures to protect the safety of information.
E. Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. To request access, updating or correction of inaccuracies in your personal information that we have in our custody or control, email or write to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
How to Contact
UGO Mobile Solutions,
33 Bloor Street East, Suite 700,
Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3H1
If this does not resolve your question or request, you may contact TD’s Chief Privacy Officer at:
Toronto-Dominion Centre, P.O. Box 193,
Toronto, ON M5K 1H6
Attn: TD's Chief Privacy Officer